Slide Tenancy services WE MANAGE 2,400 PROPERTIES
Options & Eligibility

We provide a range of sustainable housing options for South Australians.

This includes houses allocated for those on low to moderate incomes and people with barriers to long term housing.
Eligibility criteria for our housing options depends on a range of factors including who owns the property (because we do not own all the properties we manage as a landlord). We cater for people with a range of special needs. Some of the houses we manage can only be occupied by people with special support needs who are supported by specific organisations.

Social Housing

Also known as Community Housing, social housing is a type of income-based rental housing. To be considered for this type of housing, applicants must:
To be eligible for social housing an applicant:
  • must live in South Australia
  • must NOT be a homeowner
  • must meet income and asset eligibility limits
  • not already be a community housing, public housing, or Aboriginal housing tenant or have a need that cannot be met by private rental accommodation.
*Exceptions may apply in special circumstances.

additional eligibility criteria

The primary applicant must also be:
  • At least 18 years of age
  • Prepared to enter into a Tenancy Agreement of no less than three months duration (we do not provide emergency or shorter-term housing)
  • Homeless or at risk of homelessness due to experiencing domestic or family violence, or, because of other significant needs and barriers at the time of entry into social housing.
If you would like to be considered for any of our housing options, please complete and return all forms listed above, together with any documents you are required to provide. If you are unable to print these documents, please call us on 8275 8700.

Social housing for people with specific support needs

We manage a number of Supported Social Housing properties which are reserved for people with specific support needs such as for Mental Health. Tenants for these specific properties are nominated by the organisation that provides that specific support. Tenants must be actively engaged with their respective support service.
Other Housing

We also manage housing for people who have difficulty getting into the private housing market, but who may not otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for social housing.

Rent is based on a percentage of market rental rates, and household income eligibility limits apply.
Some of our housing is subject to the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). If you wish to be eligible for NRAS Housing, the household income eligibility limits that apply are set by the Australian Department of Social Services.
To find out the household eligibility limits and to find out more about NRAS housing, CLICK HERE.

For homelessness support

Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island

Please click the link below to find out more.

Homelessness Gateway Service

This will close in 0 seconds