Environmental Sustainability Practice
Junction is committed to working towards sustainability by minimising the environmental impact of our operations.
Junction recognises that environmental sustainability is vital to the wellbeing of staff, clients and the community, and may have a positive influence on organisational expenses.
Due to expansion of Junction's services and increasing geographical spread, Junction is in a strong position to pursue improved environmental practices. Junction is committed to working towards sustainability by minimising the environmental impact of our operations. We will achieve this through:
- improving the efficiency of our use of water and energy resources
- minimising pollution including waste and greenhouse gas emissions where possible
- leading by example and seeking to educate and support our staff, clients and partners to achieve environmental sustainability outcomes.
Junction agrees to:
- Be compliant with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations
- Be an environmentally responsible member of the communities in which we operate
- Where possible minimise negative impacts we may have on the environment and implement pollution prevention practices through the efficient use of resources, and the reduction of emissions and waste
- Encourage employees and business partners, including our clients, suppliers and providers, to share knowledge of environmental sustainability initiatives
- Develop a framework for setting and reviewing our environmental objectives and targets
- Build a culture of environmental awareness and sustainability within the business.
- Seek to introduce monitoring of our environmental impact performance and seek to conduct our operations in an environmentally responsible manner. This will include measuring and where possible reducing or offsetting the impacts of our:
- consumption of electrical power - computers, air conditioning and lights
- motor vehicle and air travel
- paper use
- the use of environmentally friendly office products where possible.